Application Essay Counseling
Drawing from a team of experienced essay counselors, this service, often spanning multiple sessions, helps students brainstorm and craft successful admissions essays. Our counselors help students identify their unique personal narrative, then assist them in the often complex process of outlining, drafting, and proofing their perfect essay. Our counselors all have proven success in the Common App, Coalition, UC, and UCAS essays, as well as those for Japanese schools and school-specific supplements.
In this counseling session, students will…
- Learn what admissions officers expect in a stellar application essay
- Brainstorm major topics or milestones in their life in response to specific prompts
- Synthesize their brainstorm into cohesive drafts that captures their college-applicable strengths
- Strategize around the entirety of the application process: Are there stories better told through the supplemental essays? Am I presenting the best, fullest picture of who I am across all my writing?
- Proofread and edit drafts to create polished, submission-ready essays
Who should register?
Students in 11th through 12th grade who…
- Are applying for university or college admissions and need to compose prompted admissions essays
- Are applying for external financial aid or scholarship support and need to provide essays for the application
Please note, all interested students are required to go through a 45-minute diagnostic with our Director of Essay Counseling.
After this session, students often register for…
Craft, hone, and perfect your online university applications
Résumé & Interview
Draft your résumé and prepare for alumni interviews
Identify and apply for financial aid, scholarships, and fellowships