About Tokyo Academics – Tokyo Coding Club:
Tokyo Academics (TA) is the passion project of a constellation of teachers, researchers, and academics from around the world. Since 2012, we’ve evolved from a few university friends to a growing number of part-time and full-time individuals located in Tokyo, as well as working remotely. We are an organization of experts deeply passionate about helping students meet their potential and capture the opportunities of the future.
Tokyo Coding Club (TCC) is the tech division within Tokyo Academics and we are a year-round after school & weekend programming, robotics and digital arts learning center which serves students of ages 7 to 18 here in Tokyo and also around the world through our remote lessons. Through our one on one tutoring lessons and group classes that are tailored for each individual student, we help to expand our students’ potential in the digital age by equipping them with the knowledge, skills and mindset needed to succeed in today’s world.
Head Camp Counselor Responsibilities:
- Leading the overall summer camp including our STEM lessons and outdoor activities.
- Monitor students to ensure compliance with summer camp rules and prevent or mitigate disruptive situations.
- Working with students ages range from 7 to 15 years old.
- Memorizing all emergency procedures and enforcing camp rules.
- Procuring daily reports for head staff.
- Direct staff to associated safety procedures when emergencies arise.
- Follow summer camp schedule and recommend on the spot decisions in the absence of head staff.
STEM Project Specifications:
- TCC projects use a variety of STEM related tools and methodologies in their lessons. As a counselor, you may be responsible to assist students when developing their solution.
- Although we may not ask for you to directly teach / instruct students, we hope your enthusiasm for STEM related activities will contribute to assisting students to complete their projects.
- A list of STEM opportunities include:
Programming & Robotics:
- Guide elementary, middle and high school students to learn and develop positive attitudes with a high level of motivation.
- Teaching the basics of programming functions and robotic sensors in a variety of available programming languages and hardware.
- Guide elementary, middle and high school students to develop an interest in creative expression in the field of digital arts (animations and video production).
- Teach a variety of digital software that will enhance the creativity and imagination of students as the principles of art are introduced.